Bowlero Elite Series Rules
1. The first event of the Bowlero Elite Series (“tournament”) is an invitation-only tournament open to amateur bowlers (“amateurs”) who compete in leagues at Centers owned by Bowlero Corp, and professional bowlers (“pros”).
- Professional bowlers are defined as bowlers who are card-carrying Full members of the PBA or PWBA.
- Amateur bowlers must be bowlers in a current league at any Center owned by Bowlero Corp.
- Participation in the Tournament is by invitation only. Bowlero Corp has the sole and absolute discretion on the participants of the tournament.
2. The tournament field will consist of 16 bowlers.
3. The tournament will be conducted at Bowlero Romeoville on April 2nd, 2019.
- All bowlers are responsible for all costs incurred (including, but not limited to, transportation, hotel, meals, etc.) for their travel to the tournament site.
- Bowlers will be required to attend the official Practice Session and any or all promotional events (Pro-Am, Celebrity party, etc.) at a date and time prior to but immediately before the start of the tournament. No additional compensation will be awarded for attending these mandatory events.
4. PROS: selection process for the pros will be by invitation; professional bowlers will be selected by the Bowlero Corp Tournament Committee.
5. AMATEURS: The selection process for the Bowlero Corp league bowlers (“amateurs”) will take place during a defined submission period from January 11th, 2018 through February 15th, 2019
- Amateurs must submit an online application including a video. Forms and details for submission can be found at BowleroEliteSeries.com
TOURNAMENT FORMAT & PRIZING
6. All scores in this event are scratch.
7. The tournament will be conducted bracket-style, with one bracket each for the pros and the amateurs. The winner of each bracket will bowl against each other in the Championship Match.
- Each Amateur Bowler will receive a $5,000 participation fee.
- Bowlers will be seeded into their bracket by the Tournament Committee.
- During Round #1, the 8 bowlers in each bracket will bowl a single-game, head-to-head match against their opponents, with the bowler who wins advancing to the next round. Winners in Round #1 will be awarded $2,000 each.
- In Round #2, bowlers will bowl a single-game match against their opponents with the winner advancing. Winners in Round #2 will be awarded $4,000 each.
- In Round #3, bowlers will bowl a single-game match against their opponents with the winner being declared the Bracket Winner and advancing to the Championship Match against the winner from the other bracket.
- In the Championship Match, bowlers will bowl a single-game match to determine the Champion. The Champion will be awarded $270,000, and the runner-up will be awarded $80,000.
- Any ties in any of the matches above will be broken by a single ball roll-off. The single ball roll-off tie breaker will continue until a winner is determined.
8. Both matches from Round #3 will be televised as will the Championship Match.
9. Lanes will be cleaned and conditioned prior to the start of Rounds 1 and 3. Lanes will not be cleaned or conditioned prior to the start of Round 2 or the Championship Round.
10. An official Practice Session will be held on a day and time prior to the start of Round #1. All bowlers will be required to attend the Practice Session.
- The same oil pattern to be used for the competition portion of the tournament will be applied to the lanes for the Practice Session.
11. A pair of practice lanes will be available during the televised portion of the tournament for the bowlers competing in Round #3 and the Championship Match.
- The same oil pattern to be used for the competition portion of the tournament will be applied to the televised portion's practice lanes.
12. Bowlers will be required to wear Bowlero branded jerseys which will be provided by Bowlero Corp. No other logos, trademarks, tradedress, names or other symbols or marks may appear on any attire of any participant without the prior written approval of Bowlero Corp determined in its sole discretion.
13. Ball reps / coaches will be permitted, provided, however, that any interaction and communication with participants is subject to reasonable discretion of Bowlero Corp.
14. During any televised games, participants will have 20 seconds:
- From the time the opponent steps off the approach after making his final shot in a frame to the time participant returns to the participant’s rest area.
- From the time a ball returns to the ball rack to the time the participant commences bowling.
15. Bowlers will be allowed two (2) uncontested re-racks in each game in Rounds 1 and 2 and one (1) uncontested re-rack in each game in Round 3 and the Championship round. Additional re-racks are subject to the sole discretion of Tournament officials.
Full list of rules is here.